**Offers to be submitted by 5pm on Friday 30th September 2022**
Daking Brook Farm is situated on the outskirts of the much sought after Parish of Cawthorne. Benefitting from beautiful neighbouring woodland walks and a public bridleway ideal for hacking, the mature gardens bordered by a charming brook is attractive to wildlife.
Front Entrance Hallway with flagged floor and office off
Living Room 5.49m x 3.38m with exposed beams, stone fireplace with hearth, stone window seat and door leading to front garden
Dining Kitchen 7.03m x 3.96m with granite worktops, marble floor, stainless steel sink unit, gas fired AGA servicing central heating and full range of fitted units
Conservatory 3.98m x 2.47m with marble fitted floor, 1/2 vaulted ceiling with French doors and glazed windows
Utility 2.16m x 1.85m with cloakroom and low level w.c. and pedestal wash basin 1.55m x 0.95m
Staircase and landing to...
Master Bedroom 3.97m x 3.96m with French doors with timber balcony overlooking conservatory. En-suite bathroom 1.55m x 3.0m with suite comprising low level w.c., bidet and pedestal wash basin
Front Double Bedroom 3.66m x 2.76m with vaulted beamed ceiling and exposed timber
Side Double Bedroom 3.36m x 2.76m with vaulted ceiling
Rear Double Bedroom 2.44m x 3.06m with cabin/loft bed over storage
Family Bathroom 2.46m x 1.86m with white suite comprising panelled bath, pedestal wash basin and low level w.c.
The garden is divided by the meandering Daking Brook which naturally divides the gardens from the woodland copse being a natural wildlife haven. The stream is crossed by a newly constructed timber footbridge.
Stone built outbuilding (x2)
Stable/mistal and general storage store
Two further stable blocks under a box profile roof
The site benefits from outline planning permission (ref:2007/1236) for a further single dwelling incorporating both existing stone buildings. We understand planning has been implemented and remains 'IWC'. Futher details available on request.
The quietly situated and sheltered land is served by Daking Brook and extends to 3.93 hectares (9.72 acres) or thereabouts and would be suited for horse lovers and lifestyle farmers.
The land is divided into pasture and a small area of enclosed wetland dedicated for the conservation of flora and fauna. It is defined by Rons Cliff Dyke, a tributary of Daking Brook, and overlooked by the beautiful blue bell filled Rons Cliff Wood.
The property is identified upon the attached plan being edged in red which has been prepared for identification purposes only.
Tenure & Possession
The property will be sold freehold with vacant possession
The farmhouse is assessed as Band F - £2,862.31 pa
Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council. PO Box 634, Barnsley, South Yorkshire. S70 9GG. Tel: 01226 770 770
The property is serviced by mains electricity, gas and water and full fibre broadband connection. It also has a borehole providing water for outside use.
Fixtures and Fittings
Only those items specifically mentioned in these particulars are included within the sale.
Method of Sale
Daking Brook Farm is offered for sale by Private Treaty
Health and Safety
We would ask that interested parties take care when viewing the property, particularly in respect of the outbuildings and land. All parties should be vigilant as possible for their own safety
We use our best endevours to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable when producing this brochure (September 2022).
The farmhouse, buildings and land may be viewed strictly by prior appointment only by contacting Wilbys Agricultural Department on 01226 299 221.
Locality and Access
Situated within 10 minutes of the M1 (J37) and being within easy commuting distance to Leeds, Sheffield and Bradford.
Daking Brook benefits from a 100m long private driveway which can be accessed from Lane Head Road (A635).
- These particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. All statements contained in these particulars are given in good faith but are made without responsibility on the part of Wilbys or the vendors or lessors. Any intending purchaser or lessee must satisfy himself by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of the statements contained in these particulars.
- All rents and prices quoted are exclusive of V.A.T., unless otherwise stated.
- All measurements, areas and distances quoted are approximate only.
- Information provided in respect of planning and rating matters has, unless stated, been obtained by way of verbal enquiry only. Interested parties are therefore recommended to seek their own independent verification on such matters from the appropriate Local Authority.
- Location plans, if provided, are for identification and directional purposes only. The area surrounding the subject property may have changed since the plan was produced. Items in photographs, where provided, are not necessarily included in the disposal.
- Wilbys have not tested any apparatus, equipment, fittings or services and so cannot verify they are in working order. Prospective purchasers are advised to obtain verification on such matters via their surveyor or solicitors.
- The boundaries, ownership and tenure of this property have not been checked against the Title Deeds for any discrepancies or rights of way, if any. Prospective purchasers are advised to check these matters with their solicitor prior to entering into any contracts.
- Wilbys and their Vendors reserve the right to offer any lot in whatever order they feel fit and to remove any lot from the auction at any time without prior notification.