Droppingwell Road, Kimberworth, South Yorkshire S61 2RB
The farm lies in a hidden tranquil setting surrounded by woodland and comprises a 71 acre (28 hectares) holding lying within a ring fence. This very versatile property has an attractive three bedroom stone built farmhouse and adjoining cottage which have undergone a comprehensive scheme of refurbishment and improvement and provides very high standard living space.
A further planning consent has been granted under a Class Q provision to allow for the conversion of the large agricultural barn adjacent to the farmhouse to be a further dwelling providing a spacious open plan living area with a further 3 bedrooms, snug and study. Full details of the planning permission and plans can be found on the Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council planning portal (ref: RB2022/1699).
Walkworth Farm also benefits from a state of the art wood pellet boiler heating system, useful ranges of outbuildings and kennels, and with excellent transport connections nearby.
Suitable for lifestyle buyers, specialist, equestrian or hobby farmers, the property provides scope for up to 3 dwellings and is available for sale as a whole or in lots. Details of the potential lotting is available from the agents.
Extending to approximately 71 acres (28 hectares) the gently sloping and west facing land encircles the farmstead. The free-draining land is currently in arable rotation together with areas of grassland and has been used for sporting purposes incorporating woodland copses and ponds.
Lying on the edge of Kimberworth, Walkworth Farm is a short drive to the Rotherham and Sheffield town centres with the Meadowhall shopping centre only 5 minutes drive away. Many amenities are close at hand including a range of quality golf courses, shopping and leisure centres and sports facilities. A number of good private schools are within easy travelling distance including Sheffield Girls’ High School, Repton College, QUEGS and Wakefield Girls’ High School.
From the M1 motorway (north bound) leave junction 35 and take the third exist from the roundabout signposted Rotherham (A629/Upper Wortley Road). After 2 miles turn right onto Dropping Well Road opposite the Dropping Well Pub and after 0.5 miles the entrance gates will be found on the right-hand side.
Tenure and Possession
The property is offered for sale by Freehold and with the benefit of vacant possession upon completion
Wayleaves and Easements:
The property is offered for sale with the benefit of all wayleaves, easements, covenants and rights of way whether mentioned in these particulars or not.
Sporting Rights and Mineral
The sporting and minerals, so far as they are owned are included in the sale
The property is serviced by both single-phase electric and mains with the water supply. Drainage is to septic tank (Klargester). The entire main residence is heated by hot water underfloor heating fired by a Windhagen wood pellet boiler and hopper feed and is subject to the RHI conservation scheme.
Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council, Riverside House, Main Street, Rotherham S60 1AE
Tel: 01709 382 121
Fixtures & Fittings
Only the items specifically mentioned within these particulars are included in the sale.
Meadowhall is located within a 5-minute drive, town/city centre facilities are available at Sheffield and Rotherham. There are a number of golf courses and other sports facilities within this locality.
A number of private schools are within travelling distance including Sheffield Girls High School, QEGS and Wakefield Girls..
Exit at Junction 35 of the M1 motorway and take the first exit at the roundabout on to A629/Upper Wortley Road signposted for Rotherham. After 2 miles, turn right on to Droppingwell Road opposite The Droppingwell Pub and continue for 0.5 miles with a Wilbys for Sale board positioned on the right.
Strictly by PRIOR APPOINTMENT ONLY through the authorised selling agents Wilbys Chartered Surveyors by contacting Tim Scourfield, Megan Scourfield or Strutt & Parker.
Money Laundering Regulations
In order to proceed with a sale we will need confirmation of Identity and Proof of address.
- These particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. All statements contained in these particulars are given in good faith but are made without responsibility on the part of Wilbys or the vendors or lessors. Any intending purchaser or lessee must satisfy himself by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of the statements contained in these particulars.
- All rents and prices quoted are exclusive of V.A.T., unless otherwise stated.
- All measurements, areas and distances quoted are approximate only.
- Information provided in respect of planning and rating matters has, unless stated, been obtained by way of verbal enquiry only. Interested parties are therefore recommended to seek their own independent verification on such matters from the appropriate Local Authority.
- Location plans, if provided, are for identification and directional purposes only. The area surrounding the subject property may have changed since the plan was produced. Items in photographs, where provided, are not necessarily included in the disposal.
- Wilbys have not tested any apparatus, equipment, fittings or services and so cannot verify they are in working order. Prospective purchasers are advised to obtain verification on such matters via their surveyor or solicitors.
- The boundaries, ownership and tenure of this property have not been checked against the Title Deeds for any discrepancies or rights of way, if any. Prospective purchasers are advised to check these matters with their solicitor prior to entering into any contracts.
- Wilbys and their Vendors reserve the right to offer any lot in whatever order they feel fit and to remove any lot from the auction at any time without prior notification.