Droppingwell Road, Kimberworth, South Yorkshire S61 2RB
Extending to 71 acres (28 ha) of gently sloping arable and pasture land surrounded by trees and all within one block. This farm is an oasis of calm and offers an abundance of wildlife, sporting and recreational opportunities whilst being in an incredibly well connected location. There is a most attractive stone built farmhouse and adjoining cottage which benefit from a wood pellet boiler system and an excellent range of outbuildings, kennels and farm buildings. The vendors have recently carried out a programme of extensive refurbishment and improvement to the farmhouse and cottage and they are both finished to a very high standard utilising best quality materials and fitments. The accommodation is well planned and offers flexibility of use as the farmhouse and cottage can be used either separately or as one larger family house.
This property has 71 acres of land.
Extending to about 71 acres (28 ha) and arranged in one block. The land slopes gently and is West facing and wraps around the farmstead. The soil is deep and well drained and is mainly in an arable rotation with area of grassland and interspersed trees and woodland. Towards the West is an area of woodland that surrounds a pond which attracts wildfowl throughout the autumn and winter.
Walkworth Farm lies on the edge of Kimberworth with its useful local facilities and shops and benefits from being only a short drive to the centres of Rotherham and Sheffield with their extensive facilities. The nationally renowned Meadow Hall shopping centre which is one of the largest in Europe is only five minutes? drive away. There are a number of good quality golf courses and sports facilities throughout the area to suit most requirements There are also a number of good private schools within travelling distance including Sheffield Girls High School and QEGS and Wakefield Girls at Retford.
Exit the M1 motorway at Junction 35 and take the first exit at the roundabout on to the A629/ Upper Wortley Road signposted for Rotherham. After 2 miles, turn right on to Droppingwell Road opposite The Droppingwell Pub and continue for 0.5 miles and the entrance gates will be found on the right-hand side
Tenure and Possession
The property is offered for sale by Freehold and with the benefit of vacant possession upon completion
Wayleaves and Easements:
The property is offered for sale with the benefit of all wayleaves, easements, covenants and rights of way whether mentioned in these particulars or not.
Sporting Rights and Mineral
The sporting and minerals, so far as they are owned are included in the sale
The property is serviced by both single-phase electric and mains with the water supply. Drainage is to septic tank (Klargester). The entire main residence is heated by hot water underfloor heating fired by a Windhagen wood pellet boiler and hopper feed and is subject to the RHI conservation scheme.
Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council, Riverside House, Main Street, Rotherham S60 1AE
Tel: 01709 382 121
Fixtures & Fittings
Only the items specifically mentioned within these particulars are included in the sale.
Meadowhall is located within a 5-minute drive, town/city centre facilities are available at Sheffield and Rotherham. There are a number of golf courses and other sports facilities within this locality.
A number of private schools are within travelling distance including Sheffield Girls High School, QEGS and Wakefield Girls..
Exit at Junction 35 of the M1 motorway and take the first exit at the roundabout on to A629/Upper Wortley Road signposted for Rotherham. After 2 miles, turn right on to Droppingwell Road opposite The Droppingwell Pub and continue for 0.5 miles with a Wilbys for Sale board positioned on the right.
Strictly by PRIOR APPOINTMENT ONLY through the authorised selling agents Wilbys Chartered Surveyors by contacting Tim Scourfield or Lucy Mottram or Strutt & Parker.
Money Laundering Regulations
In order to proceed with a sale we will need confirmation of Identity and Proof of address.
- These particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. All statements contained in these particulars are given in good faith but are made without responsibility on the part of Wilbys or the vendors or lessors. Any intending purchaser or lessee must satisfy himself by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of the statements contained in these particulars.
- All rents and prices quoted are exclusive of V.A.T., unless otherwise stated.
- All measurements, areas and distances quoted are approximate only.
- Information provided in respect of planning and rating matters has, unless stated, been obtained by way of verbal enquiry only. Interested parties are therefore recommended to seek their own independent verification on such matters from the appropriate Local Authority.
- Location plans, if provided, are for identification and directional purposes only. The area surrounding the subject property may have changed since the plan was produced. Items in photographs, where provided, are not necessarily included in the disposal.
- Wilbys have not tested any apparatus, equipment, fittings or services and so cannot verify they are in working order. Prospective purchasers are advised to obtain verification on such matters via their surveyor or solicitors.
- The boundaries, ownership and tenure of this property have not been checked against the Title Deeds for any discrepancies or rights of way, if any. Prospective purchasers are advised to check these matters with their solicitor prior to entering into any contracts.
- Wilbys and their Vendors reserve the right to offer any lot in whatever order they feel fit and to remove any lot from the auction at any time without prior notification.