**FOR SALE BY INFORMAL TENDER (UNLESS PREVIOUSLY SOLD)**
TENDER CLOSING DATE: FRIDAY NOON 29TH OCTOBER 2021
Land at Holly Farm
Being the residue of Holly Farm, the land has access points from Holly Farm, Ash Mount and Blacker Lane and is located on the edge of Shafton Village. Some 5 miles from Barnsley, the property is readily accessible to Wakefield, Pontefract and the motorway system.
A gently sloping area of grassland divided into enclosures and extending to 11.47 acres. The main access is via Holly Farm, an adopted highway. The property benefits from a 3 bay open fronted General Purpose Building together with a further General Purpose building/store.
The land forms part of a larger area which is allocated for Housing upon the Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council Local Plan adopted in January 2019 (Reference HS34). Further details available upon request.
The attached plans have been prepared for identification purposes and illustrate the land offered and the planning allocation.
The sale of the property shall be subject to an overage provisionwhereby 35% of any uplift in value arising from a planning approval shall be payable to the vendors over a term of 40 years. Planning for agricultural or equestrian usage shall not constitute a trigger event. Payment to be due upon the implementation of planning or sale with the benefit of planning.
Prospective purchasers are required to make their own enquiries however it is believed that all services are available.
Tenure & Possession
The property is offered for sale being freehold with the benefit of vacant possession upon completion.
Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council, PO Box 634, Barnsley, S70 9GG. Tel. 01226 770 770
Overhead powerlines cross the land and annual wayleave payments are received from Northern Powergrid. There is also a fibre optic cable in favour of Torch Communications and an annual wayleave payment is received.
The property is sold subject to all other rights of way, easements and wayleaves and all rights of access whether mentioned in these particulars or not.
Method of Sale
The land is offered for sale by informal tender and the closing date for tenders is set for 12 noon Friday 29th October 2021.
The following points particularly apply:
1. Tenders should be submitted, by the due date, in writing on a tender form in a sealed envelope clearly marked “Shafton Tender”.
2. Tenders must be for a precise sum in pounds Sterling and it is advised that tenders should be for an “odd figure” to avoid the possibility of identical bids.
3. No tender will be considered which is only calculable by reference to another tender.
4. Tenderers should state whether their offers are for cash, or whether they are dependent upon borrowing or upon the sale of other property. If borrowing is involved, the source and availability of funds should be confirmed.
5. Letters of tender should include the full names, address and telephone number of the proposed Purchaser, together with the name, address and telephone number of the proposed Purchaser’s solicitors.
6. The Vendors reserve the right not to accept the highest or any specific tender and all tenders are to be submitted and received on a Subject to Contract basis.
7. If a receipt is required, please write your name and address on the back of the envelope and a receipt will be forwarded to you.
8. The sealed envelope should be marked on the outside with the name(s), address(es) and date(s) of birth of the prospective purchaser(s). This is to comply with current Anti -Money Laundering legislation. Only tenders submitted in this way will be accepted. All tenders will remain unopened until after 12 noon on Tender day