The smallholding is offered for sale by informal tender and the closing date for tenders due by 12 noon Friday 30th July 2021.
The property is situated to the south of the village of Shepley and can be accessed directly off Lane Head Road (A629)
The site extends to 10.50 acres (4.24 hectares) or thereabouts. Well maintained and currently accomodating a useful range of buildings including two foldyards utilised for livestock accomodation and storage purposes and a further two additional stone built buildings for general storage and one temporary timber structure.
The property benefits from planning approval for the erection of an additional agricultural building. See Kirklees Planning Portal https://www.kirklees.gov.uk/beta/planning-applications/search-for-planning-applications/detail.aspx?id=2020/92212
There is single and three phase electricity and mains water to the farmbuildings with some parcels of land benefitting from mains water
Tenure & Possession
The property is offered for sale freehold with the benefit of vacant possession upon completion
The property is subject to an overage of 30% over a term of 30 years excluding agricultural or equestrian development.
The vendors will reserve a right to hold a farm dispersal sale on the premises if required - Further details from the agent.
The smallholding may be viewed strictly by appointment only by contacting Wilbys on 01226 299 221
Method of Sale
The land is offered for sale by informal tender and the closing date for tenders is set for 12 noon Friday 30 July 2021.
The following points particularly apply:
1. Tenders should be submitted, by the due date, in writing on a tender form in a sealed envelope clearly marked “Shepley Tender”.
2. Tenders must be for a precise sum in pounds Sterling and it is advised that tenders should be for an “odd figure” to avoid the possibility of identical bids.
3. No tender will be considered which is only calculable by reference to another tender.
4. Tenderers should state whether their offers are for cash, or whether they are dependent upon borrowing or upon the sale of other property. If borrowing is involved, the source and availability of funds should be confirmed.
5. Letters of tender should include the full names, address and telephone number of the proposed Purchaser, together with the name, address and telephone number of the proposed Purchaser’s solicitors. 6. The Vendors reserve the right not to accept the highest or any specific tender and all tenders are to be submitted and received on a Subject to Contract basis.
7. If a receipt is required, please write your name and address on the back of the envelope and a receipt will be forwarded to you.
8. The sealed envelope should be marked on the outside with the name(s), address(es) and date(s) of birth of the prospective purchaser(s). This is to comply with current Anti -Money Laundering legislation. Only tenders submitted in this way will be accepted. All tenders will remain unopened until after 12 noon on Tender day
- These particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. All statements contained in these particulars are given in good faith but are made without responsibility on the part of Wilbys or the vendors or lessors. Any intending purchaser or lessee must satisfy himself by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of the statements contained in these particulars.
- All rents and prices quoted are exclusive of V.A.T., unless otherwise stated.
- All measurements, areas and distances quoted are approximate only.
- Information provided in respect of planning and rating matters has, unless stated, been obtained by way of verbal enquiry only. Interested parties are therefore recommended to seek their own independent verification on such matters from the appropriate Local Authority.
- Location plans, if provided, are for identification and directional purposes only. The area surrounding the subject property may have changed since the plan was produced. Items in photographs, where provided, are not necessarily included in the disposal.
- Wilbys have not tested any apparatus, equipment, fittings or services and so cannot verify they are in working order. Prospective purchasers are advised to obtain verification on such matters via their surveyor or solicitors.
- The boundaries, ownership and tenure of this property have not been checked against the Title Deeds for any discrepancies or rights of way, if any. Prospective purchasers are advised to check these matters with their solicitor prior to entering into any contracts.